“Art is literacy of the heart” Elliot Eisner / “Arte não é pureza; é purificação, não é liberdade; é libertação.” Clarice Lispector

terça-feira, 26 de agosto de 2014

George & Me

Wish you were here

So, so you think you can tell
Heaven from hell?
Blue skies from pain?
Can you tell a green field
From a cold steel rail?
A smile from a veil?
Do you think you can tell?

Did they get you to trade
Your heroes for ghosts?
Hot ashes for trees?
Hot air for a cool breeze?
Cold comfort for change?
Did you exchange
A walk on part in the war
For a lead role in a cage?

How I wish
How I wish you were here
We're just two lost souls
Swimming in a fish bowl
Year after year
Running over the same old ground
What have we found?
The same old fears
Wish you were here


Pink Floyd





For Three  Muses - Disguise


Poetic Postcards
 photo pp3.jpg

11 comentários:

  1. I just KNEW you would do something fantastic with this theme, Karla! And I am not disappointed!

    ResponderExcluir
  2. Love black, white & red, Karla, thanks for the music, too!!

    ResponderExcluir
  3. A deep message, my friend. There are often tears in a clown's eyes.
    Wonderful art piece.

    ResponderExcluir
  4. Brilliant and love the Pink Flloyd verses.

    Chrissie x

    ResponderExcluir
  5. Wow, Karla, I'm blown away by this .. the colours and the concept and, of course, the lyrics of Pink Floyd. You deserve a great big standing ovation.

    ResponderExcluir
  6. Gorgeous! I wish that I could do such digital things. Loved the video...LOVE Pink Floyd:)

    ResponderExcluir
  7. Black and white with a punch of red is one of the most powerful forms of art, I think. This is a wonderful piece, Karla. I love it!

    ResponderExcluir
  8. What a wonderful picture, Karla, so dramatic, with the perspective and the far-off horizon.
    Great music too, thanks!

    ResponderExcluir
  9. I'm as old as Pink Floyd and they sure have held up better than me! Good to read the lyrics and your artwork fits them beautifully.

    ResponderExcluir

Thank you for your lovely comment! It means a lot to me!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...