“Art is literacy of the heart” Elliot Eisner / “Arte não é pureza; é purificação, não é liberdade; é libertação.” Clarice Lispector

quarta-feira, 24 de julho de 2024

It is raining brain



Emotions are your greatest teachers; listen to their wisdow.
Master of Emotions

The theme at Our Midweek Muse is weather this week but as I was creating my piece, my imagination carried me away and a question popped up in my mind:
how to balance emotions and mind in a frustrating chaotic world deprived of love, warmth and tenderness? The dehumanizing effect of a rational life has led us towards a replacement of traditions, values and emotions. Are our hearts truly open now? I am doubtful. We live an era of competition, efficiency, control and individualization. This shift of a collective social life to one which is self-centered and almost forgetful of common good has brought a lot of consequences and one of them is the destabilisation of traditional framework of identity and community. Is it better now? Well, only the next generations will be able to answer my question. 



Hugs, 
Karla


3 comentários:

  1. Your picture is wonderful, but your words are powerful, and the sad truth. I think we can see it because we had those things and sadly the young don't know what is missing. Thank you for your
    beautiful insightful post my friend.

    ResponderExcluir
  2. Wonderful in every way Karla. I love the surrealism of the idea and the wisdom of your words. Beautiful indeed!

    ResponderExcluir

Thank you for your lovely comment! It means a lot to me!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...