Quotes and Advice to Daughters in Victorian Times
- Least said soonest mended.
- Eavesdroppers never hear good of themselves.
- A secret is only a secret when you don't tell anyone.
- Protect yourself from other people's bad manners by a conspicuous display of your own good ones.
- If you can't say something nice about someone don't say anything at all.
- Elbows off the table, hands in laps.
- Don't start until your mother is served.
- Eat your greens or you will get warts.
- How sharper than a serpent's tooth it is to have a thankless child.
- Don't make mountains out of molehills.
- Brush your hair one hundred times before bed.
- Absence makes the heart grow fonder.
For Lunagirl - Victorian Spring
Credits to Rucola Design - flower and background paper.