“Art is literacy of the heart” Elliot Eisner / “Arte não é pureza; é purificação, não é liberdade; é libertação.” Clarice Lispector

domingo, 16 de julho de 2017

RIP Babi


In my language there is a word to describe what I feel: SAUDADE. This word only exists in portuguese.
Saudade was once described as "the love that remains" after someone is gone. Saudade is the recollection of feelings, experiences, places, or events that once brought excitement, pleasure, well-being, which now triggers the senses and makes one live again. It can be described as an emptiness, like someone (e.g., one's children, parents, sibling, grandparents, friends, pets) or something (e.g., places, things one used to do in childhood, or other activities performed in the past) that should be there in a particular moment is missing, and the individual feels this absence. It brings sad and happy feelings altogether, sadness for missing and happiness for having experienced the feeling.

And Babi is the love that remains. Rest in peace my furry friend. I will always carry you in my heart.


 Karla

4 comentários:

  1. I was saddened to read about Babi passing. I know the pain and loss you feel. I do like your word Saudade. It's a wonderful word, filled with both sadness and hope. I sincerely hope the pain will go away soon, to be replaced with the fond memories I know you carry for your beloved Babi. If nothing else, remember Babi is in a much better place now. There is no pain and no hurt. You shared a great tribute and eulogy to Babi.

    ResponderExcluir
  2. I wish we had a word like that in English. It is helpful to have such a word. Losing a furry friend is as hard as losing a person sometimes.I'm sorry for your loss. Hugs-Erika

    ResponderExcluir

Thank you for your lovely comment! It means a lot to me!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...