“Art is literacy of the heart” Elliot Eisner / “Arte não é pureza; é purificação, não é liberdade; é libertação.” Clarice Lispector

terça-feira, 10 de fevereiro de 2015

The signs that precipitate desires

Hello Elizabeth!Hello My Lovelies!


Love is in the air there and I couldn't escape although our Valentine's Day is completly different from yours and on June 12th. Hope you all are well and warm. Here is steaming hot and it's been quite difficult to work with that sunny weather. We feel tired. After a month at home, real life seems daring. Love, love, love my new students: I have 6th graders this year and I am enjoying myself. I work at 3 schools. Here we work in shifts: morning, afternoon and evening. It's normal to work like that for teachers, nurses, doctors, policemen and some other categories. I work 2 mornings, 4 afternoons and 2 evenings. We still have to combat illiteracy. What an insane struggle! Education is so important. It sets people free. But, let's talk about love. Do you like poetry? Love it. So I'm going to leave you a poem to brighten your day:


“Love.

Because of you, in gardens of blossoming
Flowers I ache from the perfumes of spring.
I have forgotten your face, I no longer
Remember your hands; how did your lips
Feel on mine?

Because of you, I love the white statues
Drowsing in the parks, the white statues that
Have neither voice nor sight.

I have forgotten your voice, your happy voice;
I have forgotten your eyes.

Like a flower to its perfume, I am bound to
My vague memory of you. I live with pain
That is like a wound; if you touch me, you will
Make to me an irreperable harm.

Your caresses enfold me, like climbing
Vines on melancholy walls.

I have forgotten your love, yet I seem to
Glimpse you in every window.

Because of you, the heady perfumes of
Summer pain me; because of you, I again
Seek out the signs that precipitate desires:
Shooting stars, falling objects.” 
― Pablo Neruda





Some photos my daughter took. Rio de Janeiro is still a lovely city.






Have a magical day!

Karla

For
T stands for Tuesday


Poetic Postcards
 photo pp3.jpg

10 comentários:

  1. These photos are incredible. Sorry to hear about your hectic shifts.
    Happy T day
    Susan

    ResponderExcluir
  2. It's always fun to see photos of your home. Your daughter takes marvelous photos.

    Thanks also for sharing this lovely art with us for T. I think that tea pot was forgotten when the couple looked in each others eyes. Such a lovely piece, as well as a beautiful poem.

    I remember my grandmother (grands raised me from birth) used to tell me that education was more important than anything else. In an age when women stayed home, she had a teaching degree and also ran a business after her first husband died. My great aunt was a medical doctor, something nearly unheard of back then. So, they led by example. I agree that no one should be illiterate in this day and age. But it still happens, as kids all over the free world slip through the cracks.

    Thanks for sharing this art, poem, and lovely photos with us for T this Tuesday.

    ResponderExcluir
  3. Glorious photos of sea and sky. The romantic image is a delight in it's bright colours, the couple look so in love. The poem is very beautiful, thank you for sharing it. Happy T Day :o))

    ResponderExcluir
  4. I LOVE that gorgeous collage Karla! Your daughters photos are beautiful. Very interesting to hear about the shifts most work in your country. Lovely poem . Happy T day!

    ResponderExcluir
  5. Hello and Happy T Day! I'm glad your have a teaching heart and enjoy it, so good to hear that. These pictures are gorgeous, especially when the view I have is blowing snow and bare trees. Thanks for sharing.

    ResponderExcluir
  6. Marvelous photos and art! do hope your students will overcome the heat and be able to focus on their work...it is so hard to concentrate when you are hot! congrats to you for facing the challenge of teaching!!

    ResponderExcluir
  7. Love the photos! She has talent!! My daughter is a 6th grader this year. Lots of changes for that age.

    ResponderExcluir
  8. We'll have to remember to wish you a Happy Valentine's day in June also! It was interesting to hear about the work shifts as most here work 9-5 or something very close to that. I enjoyed seeing your daughter's photos, too!

    ResponderExcluir
  9. Love the sky shots. The poem was almost painful to read. Good luck with your new classes. I think working shifts sounds like it would work pretty well, actually. Happy T-Day! :)

    ResponderExcluir

Thank you for your lovely comment! It means a lot to me!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...