“Art is literacy of the heart” Elliot Eisner / “Arte não é pureza; é purificação, não é liberdade; é libertação.” Clarice Lispector

sexta-feira, 12 de julho de 2013

AI-5



Rodney Gates said that his work deals with nostagia, lost memories and images of bygone years,This collage inspired by Gates' art features the years of dictatorship in my country. The eight photos belong to Brazilian women killed during that time as well as the newspapers on the background. I remember my father used to buy O Pasquim which was, at the time, one of the landmark periodicals of Brazilian journalism, an important opposition against the system. It was forbidden but I don't know how dad always got it.We used to read O Pasquim in the dark and hidden. Censurado means censored and it was what happened all the time. AI-5 was decreed in 1968 and suspended political and civil rights. I don't know if I could pick up Rodney Gates' art as I should but this is my memory and my tribute to those who fought for my country and special to those strong ladies.Thank you.


For Digitalmania

Poetic Postcards
 photo pp3.jpg

Um comentário:

  1. Bela homenagem! Acho que está no espírito do trabalho de Gates, além de ser parte de nossa memória e por isso com um valor que vai além do trivial.

    ResponderExcluir

Thank you for your lovely comment! It means a lot to me!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...