“Art is literacy of the heart” Elliot Eisner / “Arte não é pureza; é purificação, não é liberdade; é libertação.” Clarice Lispector

terça-feira, 27 de setembro de 2016

T stands for Saints Cosmas and Damian

Hello T-Gang!

How are you my friends? Hope you all are well. Thanks so much for your lovely comments last Tuesday. I always write mine on Sundays so I am sorry. I am always late but better late than never huh !

 Today we celebrate Saints Cosmas and Damian here and we give children bags of candy with the saints effigy printed on them. 
Saints Cosmas and Damian are considered the protectors of children in Brazil. 


 Yummy Yummy I love candies!


 Some people invite children to have sweets at their own homes. Others give bags of sweets in the streets. It's a tradition and children have fun. September 27th or Saints Cosmas and Damian's day was one of my favourite days when I was a child.



Here are some faces I created for 29 Faces challenge. Although I  had drawn some, these are digital because I have been  playing with a new drawing software. I love drawing and paintings softwares. I don't have Photoshop. Most of times I use drawing or painting softwares to create my art.

Face 28

Face 29

Face 30 - this one is a courtesy;

Hope you have a magical Tuesday. Don't forget to visit Elizabeth and our T-gang! 

Hugs, 
Karla

12 comentários:

  1. Beautiful post, always good to spoil the kids! Here the kids go round singing for St Martin in November and get sweets, too. Happy T Day, hugs, Valerie

    ResponderExcluir
  2. i want to be a child there!! our Saints of bringing candies is st nikolaus in december, and at st Martin in November Kids share sweet baked geese, remembering the sharing saint.
    beautiful post, karla and happy t-day!

    ResponderExcluir
  3. A lovely tradition ! Thank you for the fabulous photos Karla and all the wonderful faces- they are just super.. seems you get better and better with them!
    oxo Susi
    HAPPY T-Day my friend!

    ResponderExcluir
  4. I love the faces, especially the one with coffee! But they are all wonderful.

    Here in the States, we don't have anything like Saints Cosmas and Damian's day, but I'm sure these children are having a wonderful time. The only time we give candy is Halloween, so these children get a special treat and get to learn about Saints, too.

    Thanks for sharing this special day, the photos of the children, and the beautiful faces with us for T this Tuesday.

    ResponderExcluir
  5. A super post to read and see the wonderful photos, the children all look so happy, its a lovely way to celebrate a special day.
    Happy Tuesday.
    Yvonne x

    ResponderExcluir
  6. Fun to read about the celebration and see the photos of the children who look quite delighted with it all. I like your digital faces as well. I know nothing about creating digital art but enjoy the work of those like you who do it.

    ResponderExcluir
  7. Lovely tradition Karla... I'm sure all the kids love it. Great photos! Your digital art is amazing. I have never tried . Happy happy Tday! Hugs! deb

    ResponderExcluir
  8. I love saint celebrations! I'd want to be a child, just for the day ;)

    ResponderExcluir
  9. Wow, what a fantastic post! Your faces are very beautiful amd the food and sweets look so tempting and delicious :-). I love the flowers made from sweets in the flower pots and seeing the smiles on the children's faces - it looks like such a wonderful celebration! Thanks so much for sharing and wishing you a very Happy T Day! J :-)

    ResponderExcluir
  10. Wonderful faces Karla. And the candy-YUM. Those are wonderful children's faces-they looks so happy nd excited. But I guess all that candy would do it. :) Happy belated T Day. Hugs-Erika

    ResponderExcluir
  11. Beautiful, fashionable and colorful faces. Great photos and celebration! Enjoy and keep creating beautiful art!

    ResponderExcluir
  12. Love your art this week and all of that beautiful candy has sparked my sweet tooth into action....but go find some candy now! :)

    ResponderExcluir

Thank you for your lovely comment! It means a lot to me!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...