“Art is literacy of the heart” Elliot Eisner / “Arte não é pureza; é purificação, não é liberdade; é libertação.” Clarice Lispector

quinta-feira, 14 de novembro de 2013

The fury of light



Sunrise by Mary Oliver
You can

die for it-
an idea, 
or the world. People 
have done so, 
brilliantly, 
letting
their small bodies be bound 
to the stake, 
creating
an unforgettable
fury of light. But 
this morning, 
climbing the familiar hills
in the familiar
fabric of dawn, I thought 
of China, 
and India
and Europe, and I thought
how the sun 
blazes
for everyone just
so joyfully
as it rises 
under the lashes
of my own eyes, and I thought
I am so many! 
What is my name? 
What is the name
of the deep breath I would take
over and over
for all of us? Call it 
whatever you want, it is
happiness, it is another one
of the ways to enter fire.


Day 14

Credits also to Kimeric

Poetic Postcards
 photo pp3.jpg

3 comentários:

Thank you for your lovely comment! It means a lot to me!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...